Mendocino Community Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mendocino Community Boards

Mendocino Community Boards is the best place for announcements, discussion, and rants of all kinds.Everyone is welcome.

You are not connected. Please login or register

texting and driving and robotic cars

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1texting and driving and robotic cars Empty texting and driving and robotic cars Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:37 pm

Invisible Man

Invisible Man

So, what kind of message is it that says that today we cannot text while driving BUT in the Future, cars will be autonomous just so we can be more distracted than ever? I think really that if we get cars that drive themselves we will start to become controlled even more when we cannot speed anymore. Are we really going to give up our freedom to drive in the future?
I don't really believe autonomous cars will be totally safe. It's amazing- slowly car manufacturing companies ARE building forward surveillance censors that take control if a deer jumps into the way.
-And what about how lazy people will become? Will the capability of actually driving be phased out?

2texting and driving and robotic cars Empty Re: texting and driving and robotic cars Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:10 pm

Tom

Tom
Admin

Oh the irony of a kids getting driven to school autonomously while they play video games in the back seat.

Having been in the automotive industry for many years it's my opinion that it will be the insurance companies that will push the for the advancement of such technology.
They stand to gain the most if these systems kill and maim fewer people than a human driver.

Bars would LOVE this technology too.  Folks could just call for a Johnny Cab!

texting and driving and robotic cars Trjohn10

https://mendoboards.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]